The University’s school placement programme ‘students into schools’ offers schools the opportunity to access keen and proactive students to assist young people’s learning and raise aspirations.
Since 2000, more than 5,000 Leeds undergraduates have participated in the programme, which aims to add value to the curriculum, assist in key areas such as literacy and numeracy, support learners on the C/D grade borderline and provide extra help for those with special educational needs or English as an additional language (EAL).
The programme is managed in two ways:
– students into schools modules, which form part of a student’s degree course and enable schools to draw upon the expertise and enthusiasm of our students in a particular subject
– students into schools volunteering, which includes literacy and numeracy support, general classroom assistance, mentoring, out-of-school activities and EAL support.
Find out more information for students here
Find out more information for schools here
The Lite Fellowship to enhance support for bilingual pupils
To find out more about Students into Schools and for the latest news, you can:
- Visit the Leeds for Life website
- Email us on email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter @SiSLeeds
- Call us on 0113 343 3762