We are delighted to announce our continuous professional development programme for 2019, which aims to enhance the support for EAL pupils.
- 13 February: Language for learning – going beyond vocabulary (by Jean Conteh and Dianne Excell)
- 6 March: Supporting new arrivals and new to schooling students in mainstream lessons in secondary schools (by Georgina Vince)
- 27 March: International New Arrivals: EYFS principles for all ages (by Louise Wood)
- 17 April: Using the Home Language to enrich EAL support (by Saiqa Riasat)
- 8 May: Making words work to support mathematical understanding and reasoning (by Thérèse O’Sullivan)
- 12 June: How do we know it works? Approaches and tools for evaluation (by Dea Nielsen)
- 3 July: Identifying and supporting EAL children who may have speech, language and communication needs (by Anne McCaffrey)
All events are free. Details will be published via our Events page.
Recordings and materials will be made available to download from our Events page after each EAL workshop.
These workshops are funded by an excellence and innovation fellowship from the Leeds Institute in Teaching Excellence.